[gst-devel] libgstreamer-0.10.la: file not recognized

Deroo Stijn S.Deroo at TELEVIC.com
Tue Aug 31 09:44:12 CEST 2010

Thanks!

This solved my problem.

Stijn.

________________________________
From: Julien Moutte [mailto:julien at moutte.net]
Sent: vrijdag 27 augustus 2010 17:19
To: Discussion of the development of GStreamer
Subject: Re: [gst-devel] libgstreamer-0.10.la: file not recognized

Add :

libtool --mode=link

in front of your build command.

Julien Moutte,
FLUENDO S.A.

On Fri, Aug 27, 2010 at 5:01 PM, Deroo Stijn <S.Deroo at televic.com<mailto:S.Deroo at televic.com>> wrote:
Hi,

I want to compile an application based on gstreamer, but I want to use my own compiled gstreamer libs.

To compile gstreamer there is no problem at all, but when I try to compile my application against it, I have following error message:

$ gcc -Wall -export-dynamic $(pkg-config --cflags --libs gstreamer-0.10 gtk+-2.0) test.c -o test
/home/stijn/gst/head/gstreamer/gst/libgstreamer-0.10.la<http://libgstreamer-0.10.la>: file not recognized: File format not recognized

I searched the net, but can't find anything that explains this error.
(libgstreamer-0.10.la<http://libgstreamer-0.10.la>: file not recognized)

Why is this library not recognized?  Building pipelines however works.

Kind regars,
Stijn.