[gst-devel] gst_element_seek - rate change

Benjamin Bazso bbazso at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 22:29:43 CEST 2010

Hello,

I asked this one on the IRC channel, but did not get an answer and so I am
re-asking the question here:

"I have changed the rate of the pipeline by calling gst_element_seek
(apPipeline, 2.0, GST_FORMAT_TIME, GST_SEEK_FLAG_NONE, GST_SEEK_TYPE_NONE,
GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE, GST_SEEK_TYPE_NONE, GST_CLOCK_TIME_NONE); so that the
pipeline runs twice and fast.  With this said, I was wondering whose
responsibility should it be in the pipeline to send a new segment with the
rate update if no actual seek was performed?"

It is my understanding that the element performing the seek (e.g. qtdemux)
should send the new segment, but in this case there's no actual seek being
performed - just a rate change.  Hence, my question.

Thanks,

Ben