[gst-devel] 0.11 open for business

Wim Taymans wim.taymans at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 16:08:47 CET 2010

Hello Hackers,

I pushed a branch called '0.11' in the gstreamer,
gst-plugins-base,gst-plugins-good, gst-plugins-bad, gst-plugins-ugly,
gst-ffmpeg, gst-python, gst-plugins-gl and gst-rtsp-server git modules.
Some of the other modules, I hadn't checked out with write access, so
those will be opened some other time...

In order to get the development started, I propose to start with
removing the deprecated API and fixing the padding of structures again.
Also think about all methods and try to make them future proof. Remember
that all of the current plans are kept in docs/random/plan-0.11.txt.

When committing changes, always make sure that you keep the various
modules in a compilabe state.

When API changes, please write into the docs/random/porting-to-0.11.txt
how one is supposed to port to your new API. Also write in the commit
message that the API changed and briefly mention how to port things. The
idea is that at the end of 0.11 we can compile a document with a
complete porting guide. Compiling such a document later is going to be
hard when there are no markers in the commit messages and no trail in
the porting doc.

So, let's start with cleaning up things and see how it goes. Hop in IRC
and ask around if you want to help out or looking for things to do.

Happy hacking,
Wim Taymans

I added