[gst-devel] X-lpcm cap and format?

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Wed Dec 8 19:21:17 CET 2010

audio/x-lpcm is DVD-style PCM data - it's arranged differently from
normal interleaved PCM samples, and carries some additional metadata
usually. It's essentially still raw PCM - just with a more complex
interleaving used.

dvdlpcmdec can convert it to normal PCM. I don't think we have a
corresponding encoder, but the format is fairly trivial, so writing
one shouldn't be more than a couple of hours work.

Mike