[gst-devel] gapless playback

Stuart Gray stuart68 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 02:58:00 CET 2010

Hi,

I am seeking some guidance with respect to getting gapless playback using
decodebin2 and queue2.

Our system comprises the following:

arm9 processor
gst-plugins-bad - 0.10.20-r11.0.6
gst-plugins-base - 0.10.31-r11.0.6
gst-plugins-good - 0.10.25-r11.0.6
gst-plugins-ugly - 0.10.16-r11.1.6
running on openembedded linux with kernel version 2.6.33

We are decoding audio only streams. This is a concern as reference was made
to gapless playback for the latest releases:

"Release notes for GStreamer Base Plug-ins?0.10.31 "Dance Like It's 1982"

Bugs fixed in this release

     * 628028 : [uridecodebin] Don't enable progressive downloading for live
streams
     * 623846 : typefinding: add support for " enhanced ac3 " (eac3)
     * 602437 : [playbin2] [gapless] Completely broken when switching
between files with audio/video only
"

The above refers directly to playbin2, but is there anything related when
using decodebin2 and queue2 as I would assume playbin2 would use these also.

At present we have definite breaks with clicks between tracks.

Any help is greatly appreciated....