[gst-devel] get GstElement from param

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Mon Dec 20 22:57:59 CET 2010

Slightly out of context here, but...

I know it's out there somewhere, but, among other problems, most of the
examples on the web are "temporarly unavailable", and there doesn't seem to
be a g_param_spec_get_object() function out there.

After enumerating the properties of a gst element, I get down to the point
where testing the params with G_IS_PARAM_SPEC_OBJECT( param ) is true.  I'd
like to know more about the object that is alluded to here.  How do I get
back a GstElement* for the element that is the "object of type GstElement"?

Also, what is the correct forum for g_whatever() discussions?

Thanks and Happy Holidays,

Wes