[gst-devel] YUV to RGB conversion of decoder output

Rohit Atri rohitratri at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 16:14:04 CET 2010

Hi,
<Newbie Warning - Question could sound lame>
I've an application which selectively decodes iFrames in a video (mpeg4 only
for now) and hence I use ffdec_mpeg4 in the pipeline. The output I get is in
YUV format and I need to convert it to RGB so I can build a QPixmap (Qt
image representation class) from it.

How do I do that?

I tried - setting the caps as "video/x-raw-rgb" for the src pad of decoder
but that didn't work. Also I tried putting a capsfilter with caps =
"video/x-raw-rgb" and followed by a ffmpegcolorspace element but that didn't
quite work. I don't want to set other structures such as width height depth
etc since that could vary from video to video.

PS - I could just write my own yuv->rgb routine but want to check if this
can be done in the pipeline itself.

Thanks
Rohit