[gst-devel] how to create a pipeline to record video from camera?

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 22 09:10:45 CET 2010

michael young wrote:

> And now , I want to record the video to a MP4 file with the h264 encoding
> format  ,  How can I do ?
>
> On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 2:26 PM, michael <mcygogo at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> tks, this is work:   gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !
>> 'video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1' ! xvimagesink

Looks like you can't, because h264 encoder is unavailable.
gst-inspect | grep h264
doesn't show it.
However, general idea is to encode, then mux, and then save to a file.
gst-launch v4l2src device=/dev/video0 !
'video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=30/1' !  ffenc_mpeg4 !
mp4mux !filesink location=/home/user/file.