[gst-devel] Distorted audio capture on Vista

Francis Rammeloo francis.rammeloo at gmail.com
Fri Feb 5 17:27:42 CET 2010

I have been experimenting with audio capture on Windows. I use the
following command line:
gst-launch-0.10 dshowaudiosrc num-buffers=400 ! audioconvert !
audioresample ! faac ! mp4mux ! filesink location=test.mp4

I tested this on two Vista laptops using the built-in mic and in both
cases the recorded audio was too fast and "crack"-distortions can be
heard.
On my Macbook Pro running Windows 7 the recording is perfect.
The Vista machines are capable of recording good quality audio when
using the Acer webcam software tool.

I suspect that the issue is with the dshowaudiosrc component because I
can also reproduce the problem using other codecs.

Does anyone have an idea how things are going wrong? Or better, how to fix it :)

Grts,
Francis

PS: I use the latest WinBuilds GStreamer distribution.