[gst-devel] Theora codecs negotiation

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk
Sat Feb 6 16:22:05 CET 2010

----- Original message -----
> For Theora codec to be used with RTP application had to signal some codec
> parameters from sender to receiver using separate channel.
>
> Is it still the case with the latest release?

This has not changed and is unlikely to change in the future. Theora has a big header that must be received before any data is decoded. Resending it regularly like it could be done like we now do for H.264 SPS/PPS, but it is not convenient because it is quite big and will use too much bandwidth. So it is really better sent in a reliable mechanism.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.co.uk