[gst-devel] FM radio using v4lsrc

Alexey Chernov 4ernov at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 21:43:29 CET 2010

В сообщении от Вторник 16 февраля 2010 18:54:40 вы написали:
> hi,
>
> 4ernov wrote:
> > Hello,
> > we develop an application receiving FM radio based on GStreamer. But I
> > can't understand how to create a pipeline with v4lsrc or v4l2src only
> > for radio signal (without video). I tried
> >
> > gst-launch -vvv v4l2src device=/dev/radio0 ! decodebin ! pulsesink
>
> this cannot work. v4l2cards don't capture audio - they simple have an
> analog connection to your sound card. You can only use the tuner
> interface on v4l2 to tune the station. And you could capture from
> alsasrc (need to set the right capture device).

Stefan, thank you for this suggestion. Could you please help me with the
pipeline configuration for this case? I tried today to put v4l2src, alsasrc,
audioconvert, audioresample, pulsesink to the pipeline and linked everything
except v4l2src. But I couldn't get it work, on setting READY state v4l2src
printed an error with message "Device or resource is busy". Should I put audio
elements and v4l2src in different pipelines? Or maybe I should operate on
v4l2src without any pipeline. I'll continue my experiments tomorrow.