[gst-devel] Google Summer of Code 2010

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Thu Feb 18 10:13:49 CET 2010

Christian Fredrik Kalager Schaller wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> We hope to enroll GStreamer also in this years Google Summer of Code.
> The official enrollment period hasn't started yet, but it doesn't mean
> we should not start preparing. So can I ask all GStreamer developers to
> look at:
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/SocProjects
>
> and add any project ideas they might have and create a page for that
> project based on the template for the existing pages.
>
> Students interested in participating are also recommended to look at
> that page, but remember that list is just a starting point. If you have
> your own idea get in touch and hopefully we would be able to accommodate
> you.
>
> Google Summer of Code has historically been a great success for
> GStreamer with the last couple of years giving us both demuxer and muxer
> coverage of all the major container formats for instance.
>
> Christian
I added/updated some of the projects. Before student look at them in
larger scale, I would happy to get feedback
* http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/TopicBasedDocumentation
* http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/wiki/GeneratedFormatTestdata

I feel like some of the other tasks are somewhat outdated. Would be cool
if the people who added them review those.

Stefan