[gst-devel] Pipeline does not goto PLAYING state

Michael Smith msmith at xiph.org
Thu Feb 18 19:13:03 CET 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 9:53 AM, Durgesh Mishra
<durgesh.mishra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Experts,
>
> I am writing plugin for recording audio in Android OS. I am new to gstreamer
> and struggling to get it running.
>
> I have inherited GstAudioSrc element for writing DroidAudioSrc.
>
> When I start the pipeline using gst-launch.
>
> I cannot see pipeline going to PLAYING state. It stucks here.
>
> # gst-launch-0.10 droidaudiosrc ! audioconvert ! audioresample ! fakesink
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
>
> Please suggest what could be wrong here ?

Like I said in the other thread - your initialisation isn't working
right as it is, so you need to fix that up first.

Once you've got that working, if the plugin still doesn't work
correctly, there's no way for us to guess why - but if you can show us
your code we might be able to help. Alternatively, you can try to
debug it yourself - the GST_DEBUG output from the base classes is
helpful for this sort of thing.

Mike