[gst-devel] can't record fast enough

Durgesh Mishra durgesh.mishra at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 10:26:57 CET 2010

Hi Experts,

I am writing audio source plugin for Android OS. While running it with
gst-launch, I am getting following error.

Can't record fast enough. dropped 132323 samples

I have put fixed caps for source pad. sampleRate = 8000, signed = FALSE,
width=depth=16.. Ringbuffer size is 800bytes.

I have inherited droidaudiosrc from gstaudiosrc element.

Despite this error, it records successfully in filesink. But on playing it,
it simply doesn't play anything. So I am wondering, if the error above
has some role in it.

Please help me out.

Kind Regards
-Durgesh O Mishra
--
"If you only have a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail."