[gst-devel] Changing width/height properties from within plugin

Karol lmctlx at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 17:09:15 CET 2010

Hello,

I'm trying to write trivial plugin that does image rotation (90, 180,
etc. degrees).  My question is - where should I change "width" and
"height" properties?  I thought the proper place would be _chain()
function(*) where I deal with buffer contents.  However, pipeline dies
with internal error if I do that.  I guess I should handle that
mysterious beast called caps negotiation? (specifically: _set_caps()
function?)

(*) I'm using basic GstElement, not GstBaseTransform.

Thanks in advance.