[gst-devel] How do I avoid "not negotiated error"?

S Boucher stbya at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 24 21:23:49 CET 2010

I get the following error:
GStreamer Error: gstbasetransform.c(1918): gst_base_transform_handle_buffer (): /GstPipeline:player/GstBin:mbaudiosink/GstAudioConvert:audioconvert:
not negotiated

I have a pipeline which uses decoderbin. This means that buffers are pushed in the pipeline while the pipeline is not yet fully linked.

How am I supposed to know when it is ok for the source's pad task to push data in order to avoid negotiation errors?

I do set the caps of the src pad of my source element.

I'm using autoaudiosink as the sink of the pipeline.  If I switch to pulsesink, then the problem does not seem occur, but given that this is an intermittent problem, it's not clear that I'm actually fixing anything by going to pulsesink.