[gst-devel] music visualization

cppb cpp.begin at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 05:25:51 CET 2010

hi I am trying to visualize a music file in gstreamer using the following
command:

gst-launch filesrc location=file.mp3 ! decodebin ! audioconvert ! tee
name=myT myT. ! queue ! autoaudiosink myT. ! queue ! goom ! colorspace !
autovideosink

But I get this error : "There may be a timestamping problem, or this
computer is too slow."

Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
New clock: GstAudioSinkClock
WARNING: from element
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstDshowVideoSink:autovideosink0-actual-sink-dshowvideo:
A lot of buffers are being dropped.
Additional debug info:
..\Source\gstreamer\libs\gst\base\gstbasesink.c(2572):
gst_base_sink_is_too_late ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0/GstDshowVideoSink:autovideosink0-actual-sink-dshowvideo:
There may be a timestamping problem, or this computer is too slow.
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstAutoVideoSink:autovideosink0

Assuming this is something to do with the thread,  I tried the following
command:

gst-launch filesrc location=file.mp3 ! decodebin ! audioconvert ! tee
name=myT
{ ! queue ! autoaudiosink } { tee. ! queue ! goom ! colorspace !
autovideosink }

But then it gives the folloiwng link error:

** (gst-launch-0.10:5308): WARNING **: Trying to connect elements that don't
share a common ancestor: tee and queue1
0:00:00.125000000  5308   003342F0 ERROR           GST_PIPELINE
grammar.tab.c:656:gst_parse_perform_link: could not link tee to queue1
WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link tee to queue1

Can anyone tell what is wrong? Thanks