[gst-devel] Issues gstreamer using videomixer and udpsrc

Sean Truman struman at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 18:15:48 CET 2010

All,

I am streaming two webcam's from VLC via UDP.  I am trying to use videomix
to mix both streams into a single stream.  I can view the stream correctly
if I use the following command.

gst-launch udpsrc port=2341 ! mpegtsdemux ! mpeg2dec ! ffmpegcolorspace !
ximagesink sync=false

now when I add the videomixer like so

gst-launch udpsrc port=2341 ! mpegtsdemux ! mpeg2dec ! ffmpegcolorspace !
videomixer name=zone1 ! ximagesink sync=false

I get a the following error.

ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc0: Internal data
flow error.
Additional debug info:
gstbasesrc.c(2388): gst_base_src_loop ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstUDPSrc:udpsrc0:
streaming task paused, reason not-negotiated (-4)

Both streams are 640x480 MPEG2/TS and from the documentation I should be
able to mix the two UDP streams like so.

gst-launch udpsrc port=2341 ! mpegtsdemux ! mpeg2dec ! ffmpegcolorspace !
videobox left=0 top=0 ! videomixer name=zone1 ! videomixer name=zone2 !
ffmpegcolorspace ! xvimagesink sync=false videotestsrc ! videobox left=-640
top=0 ! zone2.

But I still get the same error, if I replace the udpsrc with videotestsrc
and remove the demux and decoders everything is fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated for I am going to be bald by the end of the
day. ;)

Sean Truman