[gst-devel] Mixing starting/stopping/disconnecting sources: multiqueue + freeze?

Sjoerd Op 't Land sjoerd at intercue.nl
Sat Jan 2 20:27:22 CET 2010

Thanks Florent for your suggestion, I didn't know the glmosaic plugin
and it might prove useful in a later stage. However, this is not my
current problem.

My current problem is how to mix (e.g. using videomixer) between
multiple, asynchronous, starting and stopping streams. For example, I
want to be able to connect an extra source (e.g. an RTP stream, a
movie file, a text generator) during a live performance, and then
dissolve to this source. Later on I want to switch away from this
source, and then disconnect the source. Meanwhile, the live output
should still continue.

If I understand correctly, multiqueue synchronises multiple sources to
one clock (correct?). If that's correct, part of the problem is
solved. However, it seems that multiqueue stays STOPPED as long as it
hasn't received at least one buffer from all of its inputs. Therefore,
I thought, maybe I could write or use an element that repeats the same
buffer until the real source produces a (new) buffer.

Is this the way to go?

Thanks in advance,
Sjoerd

Op 2 jan 2010, om 18:19 heeft Florent het volgende geschreven: