[gst-devel] Using mkv (mjpeg) files with gnlcomposition/gnlfilesource

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Fri Jul 2 18:58:09 CEST 2010

I need one bit of clarification.  What exactly (codewise) does "block the src
pad of the queue2 (my_queue1) then injected the EOS in the sink pad of the
next element" mean?  Is that simply:

   q1 =          gst_bin_get_by_name( GST_BIN( pipeline), "my_queue1" );
   q1src =      gst_element_get_static_pad( q1, "src" );       // or is it
"src0"
   mux =       gst_bin_get_by_name( GST_BIN( pipeline), "my_mux" );
   muxsink = gst_element_get_request_pad( mux, "video" );   // or is it
"video_0 or "video0"

   gst_pad_set_blocked( q1src, true );
   gst_pad_send_event( muxsink );

And will gst_pad_set_blocked( q1src, false ); cause data to resume flowing
through the whole pipeline?  i.e. I caould also block the filesink and
change output files?

I suppose I could add a third queue in front of my tee, block it and send
EOS to the tee sink and get both sides of the tee to behave EOS-isholy.  Can
I assume the EOS will reach the appsik with or afdter it passes through the
filesink?  Or should I put an event probe on the filesink sink to tell when
the EOS gets there?

Thanks for your help.

Wes