[gst-devel] How to save an ogv stream in a file

Carlos Eduardo Matos Ellery carlos.ellery at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 03:52:17 CEST 2010

Hi folks,

Using gst-launch, how can I save an HTTP icecast ogg/theora/vorbis
stream to a file?
It must play on cortado applet and cant be reencoded!

I've tried the following with no success (the file plays nice on Totem
but don't on Cortado):

gst-launch-0.10 giosrc location=http://10.200.103.226:8000/stream.ogv
! oggparse ! filesink location=arquivo.ogv

gst-launch-0.10 giosrc location=http://10.200.103.226:8000/stream.ogv
! oggdemux ! oggmux ! filesink location=arquivo.ogv

gst-launch-0.10 giosrc location=http://10.200.103.226:8000/stream.ogv
! oggdemux name=demux ! theoraparse ! mux. demux. ! vorbisparse !
oggmux name=mux ! filesink location=arquivo.ogv

and many others... Seems like some header information is missing, so
cortado applet can't play the files...

Someone have the solution?

Thanks,

Carlos Eduardo Matos Ellery