[gst-devel] Change File Locations for Container Formats that Have Headers

Edward Hervey bilboed at gmail.com
Sat Jul 10 10:03:05 CEST 2010

On Fri, 2010-07-09 at 13:36 -0700, Wes Miller wrote:
> A few notes:
>
> Tried relinking the mux to the queue.  Still not sure I have the right pads
> connected.
> Then relinked mux to filesink.
>
> And about 50 combinations of ordering the gst_element_set_state() for the
> filesink and mux, and also putting those before and after the relinking
> steps.
>
> Also used gst_element_get_state( sink, , oldstate, newstate, 10 * GST_SECOND
> ) just tomake sure I wasn't waint enough time.
>
> Filesink still stays in asynch wait.  WHAT THE HECK is it waiting on?

  Filesink (and any other non-live sinks) will be async when they
haven't received a buffer yet.
  So, based on that, start analyzing from that point upward (by which I
mean, read debug logs).
  * Are the mux and sink still linked ?
  * Is the muxer trying to push data ?
  * Is the muxer receiving data ?
  * Is the muxer waiting for data on pads that aren't used anymore ?

  GST_DEBUG=2,*sink:5,*mux:5 would be a good start to look at what's
going on.

    Edward