[gst-devel] possibility to add another source pad to v4l2src

Hu, Gang A gang.a.hu at intel.com
Sun Jul 11 07:55:21 CEST 2010

Hi,
In my platform, there are two data streams from the camera, one(/dev/video0) is for view finder and the other(/dev/video1) is for image and video capture.
My original design is to use a modified v4l2src and add one source pad tor v4l2src to support dual stream support. V4l2src read data from /dev/video0 and /dev/video1 and push the data stream to source pad0 and source pad1.
As V4l2src is inherited from pushsrc, and there is only one source pad in v4l2src, is it possible to add the other source pad without modifying the pushsrc? What should I take care if I need to design that way? How to set the getrange function for the new added source pad?
Many thanks.

Best Regards!
Hu Gang