[gst-devel] Python gstreamer sink to ALSA device

Alex Karpinski subterraneus at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 19:03:53 CEST 2010

When creating a gstreamer pipeline with gst-launch it's possible, and in fact easy, to sink audio to a particular alsa device. Say I created a PCM that downmixes everything to the left channel, and called it left, I could use ! alsasink device=left. But it's looking to me like in python-gstreamer it's only possible to sink to alsa with no device specified. Is that correct, and is there any way around it? I really need to be able to downmix stereo streams into the left or right channel, and I thought I was pretty close until I hit this.

Thanks
-Alex