[gst-devel] Channel-level volume control

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Jul 14 21:53:25 CEST 2010

Hi ALex,

Am 13.07.2010 23:10, schrieb Alex Karpinski:
> I've got a really simple question, that I just can't find the answer to. Is
there any way to use gstreamer to control the volume levels of individual
channels of a stereo audio stream? I've been using python-gstreamer and for
everything else I've been building gstreamer has been absolutely perfect, but I
can't seem to figure this out. Are there any options?

The volume plugin would apply the same value to each of the channels. You will
probably need to do:
... ! deinterleave name=d ! queue ! volume ! interleave name=i ! ... d. ! queue
! volume ! i.

This is not very optimal though ...

Stefan