[gst-devel] Access data from an X11 window

Dshow Newbie dshownewbie at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 19:31:33 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am trying to access a video shown by an application on screen. I know the
xwindow ID of the application (and hence know the start and end coordinates of
the xwindow using xwininfo). I want to now record the video which the
application plays. However, I don't want to record from screen as other windows
or mouse pointer may occlude it.

Is there a way I can do that using Gstreamer. I know that GStreamer allows
screencast through ximagesrc. However, can we somehow specify an application
window (say by using xwindow ID) from which to record?

Would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks,
Nik