[gst-devel] Not a very good subject line (was: Some problem regarding gstreamer-0.10)

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Jul 19 15:11:49 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-07-19 at 09:53 -0300, Tiago Katcipis wrote:

> > This is the pipeline that I am trying to create:
> > source ! mad ! stereo2mono ! speed ! osssink
>
> I think audioconvert is what you are looking for:

Indeed, you can force mono output by putting a capsfilter after
audioconvert, like this:

 ... ! mad ! audioconvert ! audio/x-raw-int,channels=1 ! ...

However, usually it's best to just leave it at:

 .... ! mad ! audioconvert ! ... ! osssink

and let audioconvert automatically convert to mono or not, depending on
what the audio sink claims to support.

Cheers
 -Tim