[gst-devel] Flow of EOS

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Mon Jul 19 23:07:11 CEST 2010

Found a bit more information.

Sometime between the time I enter the callback from

     gst_pad_set_blocked_async( q0_srcpad, false, Q0UnBlocked, NULL );

and setting all the elements to GST_STATE_PLAYING,  I get these two
messages:

       bin gstbin.c:894:bin_replace_message:<my_pipe> got new message
0x95acb20, async-start from my_sink
       GST_STATES gstbin.c:2746:bin_handle_async_start:<my_pipe> lost state
of PLAYING, new PAUSED

I am suspecting this is important.

I'm pretty sure the async_start is from the filesink changing back to
PLAYING state.  Why should that cause my_src to loose it's playing state?

I switched over to using the blocking form of gst_pad_set_blocked_async().
It let's me go until the pipeline fails to PLAY.

Thanks for whatever help you can offer,

Wes