[gst-devel] How can I make two links between two elements?

wl2776 wl2776 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 11:02:13 CEST 2010

I'd like to mimic playbin2's behavior and construct similar pipeline using
gst-launch.

When playbin2 loads mpeg2 file, it creates mpegpsdemux with two source pads
(one pad per elementary stream) and multiqueue with two sink pads connects
them:

    +----------------+        +--------------+
    |GstMpegPSDemux  |        |GstMultiQueue |
->  |sink            |  ----> |sink0    src0 |--->
    |        video_e0|--'     |              |
    |        audio_c0|------->|sink1    src1 |--->

However, I cannot do that.

The pipeline

"filesrc location=/path/video/10.mpg ! typefind ! mpegpsdemux name=demux
demux.video_e0,audio_c0 ! multiqueue.sink0,sink1 multiqueue0 ! video/mpeg !
mpegvideoparse ! mpeg2dec ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! autovideosink
multiqueue0 ! audio/mpeg ! mp3parse ! fakesink "

doesn't create multiqueue and doesn't connect audio source pad from the
MPEG-PS demuxer.