[gst-devel] how to play the AAC audio by Gstreamer?

michael young mcygogo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 11:31:54 CEST 2010

Hi sadarshan :
    I got information like this :

$ gst-inspect-0.10 faad
Factory Details:
  Long name: AAC audio decoder
  Class: Codec/Decoder/Audio
  Author(s): Ronald Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>
  Rank: primary (256)

Plugin Details:
  Name: faad
  Filename: /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfaad.so
  Version: 0.10.19
  License: GPL
  Source module: gst-plugins-bad
  Binary package: GStreamer Bad Plug-ins source release
  Origin URL: Unknown package origin

GObject
 +----GstObject
       +----GstElement
             +----GstFaad

Pad Templates:
  SRC template: 'src'
    Availability: Always
    Capabilities:
      audio/x-raw-int
             endianness: 1234
                 signed: true
                  width: 16
                  depth: 16
                   rate: [ 8000, 96000 ]
               channels: [ 1, 8 ]

  SINK template: 'sink'
    Availability: Always
    Capabilities:
      audio/mpeg
            mpegversion: { 2, 4 }

Element Flags:
  no flags set

Element Implementation:
  Has change_state() function: gst_faad_change_state
  Has custom save_thyself() function: gst_element_save_thyself
  Has custom restore_thyself() function: gst_element_restore_thyself

Element has no clocking capabilities.
Element has no indexing capabilities.
Element has no URI handling capabilities.

Pads:
  SRC: 'src'
    Implementation:
      Has custom eventfunc(): gst_faad_src_event
      Has custom queryfunc(): gst_faad_src_query
    Pad Template: 'src'
  SINK: 'sink'
    Implementation:
      Has chainfunc(): gst_faad_chain
      Has custom eventfunc(): gst_faad_sink_event
    Pad Template: 'sink'

Element Properties:
  name                : The name of the object
                        flags: readable, writable
                        String. Default: null Current: "faad0"