[gst-devel] how to play the AAC audio by Gstreamer?

sudarshan bisht bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 11:54:20 CEST 2010

This shows you have installed faad plugin successfully. I don't have any
idea why its not working .

But you can try following combinations ;

gst-launch filesrc location=filename.aac ! decodebin ! audioconvert !
alsasink

gst-launch filesrc location=filename.aac ! decodebin2 ! audioconvert !
alsasink

gst-launch filesrc location=filename.aac ! qtdemux ! faad ! audioconvert !
alsasink

gst-launch filesrc location =filename.aac ! decodebin ! faad ! audioconvert
! alsasink

gst-launch filesrc location =filename.aac ! decodebin2 ! faad ! audioconvert
! alsasink

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 12:31 PM, michael young <mcygogo at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi sadarshan :
>     I got information like this :
>
> $ gst-inspect-0.10 faad
> Factory Details:
>   Long name: AAC audio decoder
>   Class: Codec/Decoder/Audio
>   Author(s): Ronald Bultje <rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net>
>   Rank: primary (256)
>
> Plugin Details:
>   Name: faad
>   Filename: /usr/local/lib/gstreamer-0.10/libgstfaad.so
>   Version: 0.10.19
>   License: GPL
>   Source module: gst-plugins-bad
>   Binary package: GStreamer Bad Plug-ins source release
>   Origin URL: Unknown package origin
>
> GObject
>  +----GstObject
>        +----GstElement
>              +----GstFaad
>
> Pad Templates:
>   SRC template: 'src'
>     Availability: Always
>     Capabilities:
>       audio/x-raw-int
>              endianness: 1234
>                  signed: true
>                   width: 16
>                   depth: 16
>                    rate: [ 8000, 96000 ]
>                channels: [ 1, 8 ]
>
>   SINK template: 'sink'
>     Availability: Always
>     Capabilities:
>       audio/mpeg
>             mpegversion: { 2, 4 }
>

> Element Flags:
>   no flags set
>
> Element Implementation:
>   Has change_state() function: gst_faad_change_state
>   Has custom save_thyself() function: gst_element_save_thyself
>   Has custom restore_thyself() function: gst_element_restore_thyself
>
> Element has no clocking capabilities.
> Element has no indexing capabilities.
> Element has no URI handling capabilities.
>
> Pads:
>   SRC: 'src'
>     Implementation:
>       Has custom eventfunc(): gst_faad_src_event
>       Has custom queryfunc(): gst_faad_src_query
>     Pad Template: 'src'
>   SINK: 'sink'
>     Implementation:
>       Has chainfunc(): gst_faad_chain
>       Has custom eventfunc(): gst_faad_sink_event
>     Pad Template: 'sink'
>
> Element Properties:
>   name                : The name of the object
>                         flags: readable, writable
>                         String. Default: null Current: "faad0"
>

> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 5:20 PM, sudarshan bisht <
> bisht.sudarshan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Yes that means its installed but what you get when you do gst-inspect-0.10
>> faad ? Did you get any plugin information ? If not then there is some
>> problem in linking libfaad2 library with the plugin.
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 11:36 AM, michael young <mcygogo at gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>>  Hi sadarshan:
>>>    When I configure gst-bad-plugin,  I got the information like this:
>>>
>>> configure: *** Plug-ins with dependencies that will be built:
>>> apexsink
>>> dfbvideosink
>>> dvb
>>> faac
>>> faad
>>> fbdevsink
>>> gstalsa
>>> nassink
>>> sdlvideosink sdlaudiosink
>>> vcdsrc
>>>
>>> configure: *** Plug-ins with dependencies that will NOT be built:
>>> acm
>>> amrwbenc
>>> assrender
>>> bz2
>>> cdaudio
>>> celt
>>> cog
>>> dc1394
>>> dirac
>>> directdrawsink
>>> directsoundsrc
>>> divx
>>> dtsdec
>>> flite
>>> gme
>>> gsmenc gsmdec
>>> jack
>>> jp2kdec jp2kenc
>>> kate
>>> ladspa
>>> libmms
>>> lv2
>>> metadata
>>> mimic
>>> modplug
>>> mpeg2enc
>>> mplex
>>> musepack
>>> musicbrainz
>>> mythtvsrc
>>> neonhttpsrc
>>> ofa
>>> osxvideosrc
>>> qtwrapper
>>> resindvd
>>> rsvg
>>> schro
>>> sfsrc sfsink
>>> soundtouch
>>> spc
>>> swfdec
>>> theoraexpdec
>>> timidity
>>> vdpau
>>> vp8
>>> wildmidi
>>> wininet
>>> xvid
>>> zbar
>>>
>>> from the information, I guess that the plugin about the aac had been
>>> installed, is'n it?

>>> AAC file

Regards,

Sudarshan Bisht