[gst-devel] Bitrate of a media file

Carlo 1-9-8-7 xxx casillicarlo at hotmail.it
Mon Jul 26 14:33:05 CEST 2010

Hi everybody!
I have to calculate the bitrate of a video/audio file, not by reading metatag.
My idea is to see how many bytes have been read by gstreamer in a due amount of time (for example Δt=100ms)... in this way I can calculate "istantaneous" bitrate as Δbytes/Δt
Well, the question is, gstreamer has got the query_position for the position in seconds, is there any function that returns the position in bytes?