[gst-devel] SVG overlay plugin

Luciana Fujii Pontello luciana at holoscopio.com
Thu Jul 29 05:27:04 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-07-20 at 12:08 +0200, Olivier Aubert wrote:
> Hello
>
> I have written a svg-overlay element in python (see
> http://svn.gna.org/viewcvs/advene/trunk/lib/advene/util/svgoverlay.py ),
> which fits the bill for my application. However, I would like to use
> multiple such overlays, and the python overhead will start to show (it
> already does on some platforms). Thus I would like to port it to C.
>
> My question is: what is the appropriate plugin to base this work on? The
> cairotimeoverlay seems self-contained enough to serve as a base, but,
> having been bitten before, I would rather be sure to use an up-to-date
> and adequate reference.
>
> Best regards,
> Olivier

Hello!

How's the svg overlay in C going? I wrote a cairoimageoverlay element to
use in my application, but it only accepts png files, at least AFAIK,
and it's not really good yet. It can be found in
http://git.holoscopio.com/git/hplugins.git. Maybe we could join efforts
to build an imageoverlay element?

Regards,

Luciana Fujii