[gst-devel] appsink cannot go from PLAYING -> NULL -> PLAYING

bparker cbparker at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 15:47:01 CEST 2010

I am using an appsink on a playbin2 element to get raw decoded frames for a
video. Whenever the first file in my playlist is done playing (hits EOS
signal), I try to set the state to NULL (then change the playbin "uri"
property to go to the next video) and then back to PLAYING from my main
thread, but setting the state to playing always returns ASYNC and no amount
of timeout to get_state() after that seems to be enough for it to go to
playing state, it just blocks forever. When I don't use an appsink and just
send the video directly to a normal video sink (e.g. glimagesink), it works
as expected. Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks