[gst-devel] blue tooth issue with gstreamer

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Tue Jun 1 18:19:19 CEST 2010

'Twas brillig, and satish kumar at 31/05/10 13:06 did gyre and gimble:
> Can you please help me out what are reasons for the above error.
>

> And I am giving aplay command in the following format.
>  Aplay -D bluetooth track4.wav
>
> I am getting error as
>
>  ALSA lib pcm.c:2211:(snd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM bluetooth
>  aplay: main:608: audio open error: No such file or directory

Pretty much all upstream bluetooth audio focus on Linux these days with
with pulseaudio. GStreamer has excellent pulseaudio support and I use
this setup myself quite regularly.

I strongly recommend using this approach rather than wasting time trying
to get a working alsa setup with bluetooth devices.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie