[gst-devel] Trying to play a UDP webcam stream with VLC

Donny Viszneki donny.viszneki at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 21:45:31 CEST 2010

Well udpsrc and udpsink are not any more complicated than that: they
simply send and receive UDP packets. There is no inherent feature of
UDP useful for recovering dropped packets. Indeed it would defeat the
purposes of UDP communication if any more features were built into
udpsrc and udpsink.

You aren't the first to ask about building RTP pipelines. Maybe Google
around. I have never done it myself.

http://codebad.com/