[gst-devel] MPEG2/TS stream input in gst-launch ?

Alexey Drakunov (ASCO) drakunov at gmail.com
Thu Jun 3 23:25:29 CEST 2010

Sorry  for  re-launching  this, i  have  only  digest  messages,
fixed. Answers >>

> Dear  list members!
>
> I am  really  sorry  if i  came  to  a  wring  place, But  i  need  an
> advice..
> I am  trying  make  flumotion  platform  capable  of  receiving  MPEG2/TS
> stream, as  a  streamer source.
>
> Can you  point  me  to  a  direction  or  a  solution to  start  solving
> that  puzzle?

1)

Re: [gst-devel] MPEG2/TS stream input in gst-launch ?
From: Michael Smith <msmith at xi...> - 2010-06-03 01:22

Thanx,  Mike!

The flumotion mailing list might be a better place to ask.
>>  there seems  no  any activity on list. irc is  not  very  helpful  also. i  will  give  it another  try,  thanks  for  advice

I believe the commercial version of flumotion is already capable of
consuming MPEG-TS streams; perhaps that would suit you better.
>> This  is  sad --  but  no,  there  are  no  any, they want  to  present  new  generic  encoder  component only in oct/2010 (form  FAQ)

2)
From: Marc Leeman <marc.leeman at gm...> - 2010-06-03 07:17

Attachments: Message as HTML

> I believe the commercial version of flumotion is already capable of
> consuming MPEG-TS streams; perhaps that would suit you better.

You can do that with the current releases from GStreamer too; but there
seems to be something off with the timestamp calculation that makes it a
bitch to stream MPEG/TS sources back out via e.g. RTP.

I tried to improve it by having a look at mpvpay; and the the situation
seems lightly better; I was probably poking at the wrong element.

--
with  kind  regards, Alexey