[gst-devel] Hooking ALWAYS src to ON-REQUEST sink

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Mon Jun 7 17:08:48 CEST 2010

I wish to hook a capsfilter element to a matroskamux element thus:

              ... ! capsfilter  ! matroskamux ! ....

I wish to do this in a C program.

I see that cpasfilter's src element has an "always" pad and matroskamux's
has "on-request" sink pads.  I have made this work by using
gst_element_link_filtered( capsfilt, mux, my-caps )  just as I'd use a
gst_element_link() in the main(), not in a callback.

Is this correct?  Or should I do the link after the pipe is running?  If so,
what is it that i need to detect on the capsfilter's src pad?  I tried the
handoff signal but that apparently isn't emitted by capsfilter().

Wes Miller