[gst-devel] Query on network interface going down while streaming...

Rajesh Marathe rmarathe at i-rode.com
Wed Jun 9 07:23:24 CEST 2010

Hi,

I am using Gstreamer Core and Base versions 0.10.28 and good version
0.10.21. We have a streaming application that streams media files on to
an embedded device over Ethernet from a remote Apache media streaming
server.
My pipeline is something like this:
------------------------------------

gst-launch souphttpsrc location=... ! queue ! avidemux name=ss ss. !
queue ! mfw_vpudecoder ! V4Lsink ss. ! queue ! mad ! alsasink

My questions are as under:
1. When I pull out the Ethernet interface, the streaming stops and the
display freezes. But, I do not get to see any GST-MESSAGES sent from the
core to my application. Please note that my application is printing all
the gst BUS messages and I expected to see some message notification
when the streaming stops due to cable pull-out.
Is GStremer not notified when the interface on which the media is being
streamed goes down ? If it is notified, how do I get that message to my
application ?

2. Other question I had was on the usage of Apache server for HTTP
streaming ? Is this server good enough to stream media to around 40
clients seamlessly over Etherent ?? If not, which is the recommended
Streaming server to use ?

regards,
Rajesh Marathe.