[gst-devel] Format Conversion and Compression

Wes Miller wmiller at sdr.com
Wed Jun 9 17:12:15 CEST 2010

Hi All,

This is probably right under my nose...if I just knew what to search for.
But, let's get it in one place.

Given a filesrc (or a stream, I suppose) containing some sort of recorded
video recorded at hi-def, big size, etc.,  (NOTE:  I'm starting with mjpeg
for now.)

How do I change to a different format, say, mjpeg to mpeg?

How do I alter the compression ratio?

How do I reduce the image size?

How do I lower the image quality (lower the resolution)?

Thanks,

Wes