[gst-devel] Implementing support for Apple HTTP Live Streaming...

Stephen Buck stephenbuck at mac.com
Thu Jun 10 00:13:19 CEST 2010

I have looked at Marc-André's python player that uses GStreamer for this protocol at http://gitorious.net/hls-player and it's great for understanding the protocol. I just need to turn this into a GStreamer plugin that plays well with playbin so that arbitrary players can make use of it.

It sounds like I should be a source since I can easily implement a URI property and use libsoup to do all of my HTTP work. This works well when the pipeline can be defined manually. Unfortunately, playbin uses souphttpsrc for all HTTP URIs. If I add an optional m3u8 sink pad and act like a decoder so that playbin will connect souphttpsrc to my source is there any way I could just ignore the incoming content but use its URI to initialize my URI? Definitely a hack, but it might give me compatibility with playbin.