[gst-devel] Building gstreamer for ARM

Rodney Dowdall rdowdall at cranksoftware.com
Fri Jun 11 20:45:50 CEST 2010

On 10-06-11 02:19 PM, David Schleef wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 09:23:05AM -0400, Rodney Dowdall wrote:
>
>> What dependency causes gstreamer to require a 2.10 version of glibc?  I
>> thought it might be the register_printf_* calls, but getting rid of
>> those didn't seem to get rid of the dependency.  I am trying to compile
>> gstreamer for arm, and the board I have only has a 2.9 version of glibc.
>>
> You are mistaken.  GStreamer does not require any particular
> version of glibc.  Any software compiled against glibc-2.10 headers
> might require 2.10 at runtim, however.

Cool.  That's good to know.  Is there a reason why the objdump for
libgstreamer-0.10.so.0 would report that it requires GLIBC_2.10?  The
other libraries that I have built with the same compiler only list that
it needs GLIBC_2.4.

Attached is the objdump output.

Does anyone know of hand if there anyway I can remove the 2.10
dependency through a configure option, or a compiler flag?  Or at least
force it to a smaller version number that I specify?

Thanks,
Rodney