[gst-devel] gst-launch, decodebin and avimux - stalled pipeline, what am I doing wrong ?

Tim Day timday at bottlenose.demon.co.uk
Tue Jun 15 23:00:25 CEST 2010

On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 16:24 +0300, sudarshan bisht wrote:
> Set properties for jpegenc (mimetype,  image width and height,
> blocksize , foarmat , framerate  etc ).

I've taken jpegenc out of the picture.  Here's a better statement of the
problem:

This works as expected:
  gst-launch-0.10 \
  videotestsrc ! ffmpegcolorspace ! 'video/x-raw-yuv' ! mux. \
  audiotestsrc ! audioconvert !
'audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=1' ! mux. \
  avimux name=mux ! filesink location=gst.avi
...let it run for a while, kill it, and totem gst.avi gives you a nice
test card with tone.

This doesn't:
  gst-launch-0.10 \
  filesrc location=MVI_2034.AVI ! decodebin name=dec \
  dec. ! ffmpegcolorspace ! 'video/x-raw-yuv' ! mux. \
  dec. ! audioconvert ! 'audio/x-raw-int,rate=44100,channels=1' ! mux. \
  avimux name=mux ! filesink location=gst.avi
...does the endless "Pipeline is PREROLLING ..."

On the face of it, avimux is getting the same thing flung at it in
either case.  Running gst-launch with -vm all looks sensible sizes,
framerate etc.  Which suggests the problem is more to do with decodebin.

Any ideas how to get the latter case above rolling ?

Tim