[gst-devel] How to Check Links Up Front for "Sometimes" Pads

thiagossantos at gmail.com thiagossantos at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 16:56:21 CEST 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 3:08 PM, Greg Wunder <gwunder at eoir.com> wrote:

>  What is the proper method to check for linkage between pads that may have
> availability of "Sometimes"?
> Are there code examples of this?

I'm not sure I get your question, but let me try to answer it.

Once the pad is created, you can use GstPad's API to inspect its caps and
see if they can link with gst_pad_can_link, but I assume you want to know
before these pads exist.

GstElement has function to get its template pads, so you can compare the
templates of 2 pads and check if their caps intersect, so they 'might' link.

Hope this helps.

Thiago Sousa Santos