[gst-devel] playbin not playing gif files properly.

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon Jun 21 17:32:19 CEST 2010

On 18.06.2010 09:57, mohammmed akhil wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Iam trying to play gif file using playbin. These is what i follow,
>
> gst-launch-0.10 playbin uri=file:///home/akhil/Gifimage.gif
>
> In response i get this
>
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
> Pipeline is PREROLLED ...
> Setting pipeline to PLAYING ...
> New clock: GstSystemClock
> Got EOS from element "playbin0".
> Execution ended after 1965138 ns.
> Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
> Setting pipeline to READY ...
> Setting pipeline to NULL ...
> FREEING pipeline ...
>
> it came up for fraction of second and went off completly. When i play
> this gif in firefox browser it plays fine. The gif should play for
> full 20 secs, and has 5frames/sec, with resolution of 576x256.
Try gst-launch-0.10 -v playbin2 uri=file:///home/akhil/Gifimage.gif

this way we see what is used as a decoder and wheter that sets a proper
framerate (probably not).

> Please bare with me for the next thing what iam writing, (i am
> complete noob for gstreamer i should be given some consideration !!)
>
> I tried to make specific pipeline to play gif,
>
> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=Gifimage.gif ! decoder-image/gif !
> xvimagesink

That would e.g. be

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=Gifimage.gif ! gdkpixbufdec !
ffmpegcolrospace ! xvimagesink

> For this i got this  in response
> WARNING: erroneous pipeline: could not link filesrc0 to ximagesink0
>

> Regards
> Akhil

Please also trim your emails in the future. Thanks.

Stefan