[gst-devel] playbin not playing gif files properly.

Tim-Philipp Müller t.i.m at zen.co.uk
Mon Jun 21 17:57:06 CEST 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-21 at 18:32 +0300, Stefan Kost wrote:

> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=Gifimage.gif ! gdkpixbufdec !
> ffmpegcolrospace ! xvimagesink

I don't think gdkpixbufdec will decode animated GIFs properly. I made a
patch for that at some point, but the problem was that the gdkpixbuf
library decoded the entire image sequence as raw RGB images into memory,
so it would have been really easy to make tiny GIF files that use up
loads of RAM really quickly and crash the application..

 Cheers
  -Tim