[gst-devel] Plugin to listen to GstBus

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Mon Jun 21 22:57:06 CEST 2010

Am 17.06.2010 21:04, schrieb Greg Wunder:
> Thanks for the insight.
> Does "should not" mean this is not possible with the current version of
> gstreamer?
> For video data fusion, I need to communicate forensic data acquired from
> one plug-in and pass it on to another.
> I was hoping to accomplish this through the GstBus.
> If this is not possible & I need to use a GstEvent, is there any
> functionality lost in using an event handler for this purpose?

If one element does feature extraction and the next element acts on it, you can
use a synchronized downstream event to pass the feature data as a GstStructure
to the next element (before pushing the buffer).
If you want to sent lots of data, as GstBuffer might be more appropriate as Mike
suggested.

Stefan