[gst-devel] How do I kow what makes a plugin "bad'?

Stefan Kost ensonic at hora-obscura.de
Wed Jun 23 09:43:34 CEST 2010

On 23.06.2010 10:08, Edward Hervey wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-06-22 at 11:00 -0700, Wes Miller wrote:
>
>> I was just looking at the docs for camerabin and notice it's in
>> gst-plugins-bad.  It shows as LGPL, so that's goodness.  What makes it bad?
>>
>   gst-plugins-bad is where all new plugins first go. Call it
> purgatory :) People can then request a plugin-move for it to be moved to
> -good or -ugly (depending on license/patent issues).
>
>    Edward

Lets point out once again, that everybody can request a plugin do be
moved. Check if it complies to the list:
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/gstreamer/tree/docs/random/moving-plugins

it it does file a bug and request it to be moved. If it does not adhere
to the requirements, help to get there :)

Stefan