[gst-devel] mov unfinished

Overkill overkill.shining at tiscali.it
Thu Jun 24 15:16:17 CEST 2010

I'm developing an embedded camera that records
video in .MOV format. I have two qt muxers,

ffmux_mov

qtmux

I'm using this pipeline

gst-launch my_v4lsrc num-buffers=300 ! \
  video/x-raw-yuv,format=\(fourcc\)I420,width=680,height=480,framerate=\(fraction\)30/1
! \
  my_h264encoder \
    name=video \
  alsasrc num-buffers=10 ! \
  audio/x-raw-int,rate=16000,channels=2,width=16,depth=16 ! \
  queue name=audio \
  ffmux_mov name=mux ! \
  filesink location=test_ffmux_mov.mov \
  video.src ! video/x-h264,width=640,height=480,framerate=\(fraction\)30/1
! mux.video_0 \
  audio.src ! mux.audio_0

The .mov produced is working flawlessly.
But because the media used for recording is an SD card,
the user can remove while the camera is still in recording.
I saw that the qtmux plugin has the feature to save some temporary
data in order to try to recover the .mov.
But if I use the qtmux plugin in my pipline (exactly the same,
just swap ffmux_mov with qtmux and use _00 on the pad name)
won't produce a working .mov at all. Or to be hoest the .mov is
playing with VLC and QT+Perian, but not in QT alone as Apple produces.

I'd like to know how to fix the unfinished .mov file or how to
use qtmux in order to have a working .mov.

Thak You

Overkill