[gst-devel] gstreamer's metadata extractor plugins

Jackson Lawson jacksonlawson55 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 25 17:54:57 CEST 2010

Hi guys,

for my embedded environment, i need to extract metadata from media files (currently m experimenting on ogg/vorbis files) by using gstreamer. Going through the manual, i found about decodebin2 auto-plugger which using decoder to extract metadata .
Recently, i heard about tagreadbin (on meego & maemo sites) which is said to be very fast compared to decodebin2. But, i havent found these plugins in any available gstreamer-distribution packages.

does gstreamer ship tagreadbin plugins or where should i look for it to integrate with my existing gstreamer-0.10.29?

Regards,
Jackson